A MONTH IN THE LIFE OF JOE & MICHELLE CAMPOS
– Read the Campos family’s June 2018 update by clicking Newsletter in the right sidebar.
PROJECT ABBA 2017
– Click on the ad below for a larger image
April 2016 Prayer Requests
– Pray for our upcoming trip to the US in June for our oldest daughter’s wedding and to get Nathan and Jessica in college.
– For Nathan and Jessica’s adjustment to college. They both are going to GBC. Nathan will be studying Business/Christian Ed. and Jessica will be studying Early Childhood Ed.
– For the ministry here. It is incredibly fast paced, faster than I have ever experienced. We are working in re-planting a church and, within few months, this church has grown so much that our challenge is to keep up with it. Also for our training program, we continue to offer modules and we have a number of scheduled modules to prepare men and women for the ministry. Project ABBA continues to expand and we are working in three different locations, providing teaching material and training for each church and church plant children’s ministry.
– Pray for our health. We are not sick to the point of preventing us from doing the ministry, but there are a lot flu viruses hitting us here.
Director’s Letter of December 26, 2013
Dear Friend of Joe & Michelle Campos,
Nearly three years ago Joe & Michelle made the difficult decision to return to the United States and take a leave of absence from Things to Come Mission. The major reason for this was the difficulty in educating their children with the system that was available to them at that time in Natal. The Camposes settled in Grand Rapids, Michigan where Joe has been serving as the director of Prison Mission Association. The children have done well in the local schools and are excelling in church and school activities. Elly will graduate from high school in the spring and is looking at options for college.
Throughout the Camposes’ leave we at TCM have been praying that God would guide them back into missionary service at the right time. As the Camposes prayed about their ministry, the Lord has made it clear that they should return to TCM before the end of their board-approved three years leave. This will allow them to do deputation and return to Brazil by the end of 2014. The Camposes specifically will focus on establishing a training program to provide leadership for the Grace churches in Recife and surrounding cities. For several years TCM has seen this as a basic need for the multiplication of churches in Brazil.
Regarding the education of their three younger children, the Camposes report, “Our other three kids have adapted well to the American school curriculum and have become proficient in the English language. This leads us to believe they will do well attending classes in an online school, where they can do things at a more flexible pace, interactive platform, with possible help from tutors. Michelle and I felt unequipped to homeschool our kids while in Brazil mostly due to the challenges presented by our oldest daughter’s difficulties, our lack of knowledge about online schooling, and the fact that our kids were not proficient in English. We feel pretty confident that now we are in a better position to do ministry in Brazil with the normal challenges of life.”
Joe’s directorship of Prison Mission Association has been valuable to both parties. Joe informed PMA when he took the position that he was still on leave from TCM and that he believed that foreign mission was still his calling. TCM has appreciated Joe’s work at PMA, as that organization has often been a partner with us in establishing fields and providing training material. Kenya, where Joyce and I served for 18 years, was established through a PMA contact and we have always used the PMA correspondence courses.
Joe & Michelle will return to active missionary status with TCM on January 1, 2014 and are beginning the process of raising their missionary support. Please send your donation for the Camposes to Things to Come Mission, PO Box 127, Beech Grove, IN 46107 designated for Joe & Michelle Campos. If you wish to give through Electronic Funds Transfer or Credit Card, see the enclosed brochure and provide us with the needed financial information. Call us at 317-783-0300 with any questions.
Please continue to pray for Joe & Michelle as they make this transition in ministry. Pray also for PMA as they seek a director to guide their organization. If you know people capable of that role, I’m sure PMA would appreciate hearing about them. Thank you for standing with the Camposes as they give their lives in service to our Savior.
Ben Anderson, Director